Friday, July 2, 2010

Jesus Loves Me

Tonight at dinner we got on subject of the happiest days of my life. I recited April 3, August 17, September 10, July 29 and February 1987. Tyler asked what happened in February 1987 and Rob replied "that's when mommy asked Jesus into her heart". Tyler said "I asked Jesus into my heart too" and then we noticed Ryan was looking up and mouthing something we couldn't make out. I asked what he was doing and at first he was a little shy but finally he said he was asking Jesus into his heart too. I felt that Ryan was ready to do this back when Tyler did but we didn't want to rush him. I asked Ryan if he wanted daddy to help him say a prayer so he could ask Jesus to live in his heart forever and he said yes (while chewing a chicken nugget). When he finished his bite (almost anyway) he repeated after Rob the sinner's prayer. I could feel tears welling up around my eyes and the joy that filled my heart was enormous. Thank you God for loving us and for sending your Son Jesus to die for our sins! We are eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment